Electric Underfloor Heating levelling compound works to provide optimum heat spread, ensuring no hot or cold areas, providing a uniformed heated area. The biggest benefit with levelling compound when fitting underfloor heating is that it demonstrated a very fast warm up time.
Protect Wooden floor long terms, by using Self Levelling Compound which spreads the heat evenly, therefore protecting the wooden floor in long term from cracking and fracturing.
We are an online supplier based in London. Pay by 2 pm for same-day despatch and FREE next working day mainland UK delivery.
Call for free levelling compound advice on 0207 183 2784 or send a message via our online Contact Form.
Why do I need a Self Levelling compound?
When used after the installation of Underfloor Heating, Self Levelling Compounds protect any pipes or cables that have been laid. Due to the nature of this method of heating it is important that you choose a self levelling compound that is suitable for use with underfloor heating. Here at Underfloor Heating Express we only sell self levelling compounds that are suitable for use with our other products, eliminating the worry that your floor may crack over time. Your underfloor heating is an investment and you want to be sure that the end product compliments this.
How do I choose the right Self Levelling Compound for my UFH installation?
We sell both 1 part and 2 part Self Levelling compounds. Here's a quick run down:
Ultra Tile Fix ProLevel One Floor Levelling Compound
- Single part cementitious floor leveller
- Containing a blend of specially graded fillers, fine cements and polymers for smoothing and levelling internal floors with irregular substrates.
- Open time 20-30 minutes, Set time 3 hours.
- For smoothing & levelling internal floors at 3-60mm depth on irregular substrates, prior to the application of a decorative covering. Suitable for most common substrates
- Polymer modified
- Hand or pump application
- 3-60mm depth
- Underfloor heating
- Protein free
Ultra Tile Fix ProLevel 2 Levelling Compound
- General purpose, mid-strength two-part smoothing underlayment.
- Exceptional flow characteristics make it a very easy smoothing underlayment to apply to a variety of subfloors in both commercial and domestic flooring projects.
- Typical working time of 20 to 30 minutes and a walk on time of approximately 2.5 hours.
- A 3mm application allows most floor coverings to be laid in as little as 12 hours (all based on good ambient conditions).
- Has a moisture tolerant formulation making it suitable for pre-smoothing of floors
- Ready to receive floor coverings after 12 hours
- Protein free
- 2-10mm depth
- Superior flow
- Moisture tolerant
After laying your Underfloor Heating system you'll want to provide the ultimate finish to your project. The first step towards this is to use a great quality self levelling compound. Used for smoothing and levelling subfloors prior to installation of your chosen floor covering, they provide the perfect base and ensure an effortless end to your project.
It is important to ensure that the product is completely hard before turning on your heating system to allow it time to set and in the manner it was designed to. If these products dry too quickly they can become damaged and their longevity compromised.
Remember to check out our range of tile adhesives and other finishing products to get the most out of your new Underfloor heating project.