Use Flexible Tile adhesive to stick the insulation boards down. Tiles can be tiled on direct when suing the Flexible Tile adhesive on top of the electric underfloor heating mat/cable.
Do you have any questions? Call us for FREE advice on 0207 183 2784 or send a message via the Contact Form.
Providing the perfect finish to an underfloor heating system is as important as the installation itself. Using the right adhesive not only finishes your project perfectly and improves the longevity, it also makes your workload so much easier.
Before you begin it's important to know the type of surface you'll be tiling onto and the material of the tiles you're using. If in doubt always contact your manufacturer or retailer who will be able to advise you.
All of our tile adhesives are of course the quality you'd expect from Underfloor Heating Express however, choosing the right one can be a minefield.
So what's the difference? See our quick guide below:
ProRapid RS UFH Tile Adhesive
- Rapid set.
- Polymer modified.
- Ideal for natural stone, porcelain and ceramic tiles.
- Suitable for both wet and dry conditions.
- Adheres to most common substrates including screwed and fixed over-boarded wooden floors.
Ultra Tile Fix ProFlex SP UFH Tile Adhesive
- Single part, rapid set.
- Enhanced adhesion and flexibility in areas where slight movement or vibration can occur.
- Suitable for fixing glass, porcelain, mosaic and ceramic tiles
- Adheres to most common building substrates, including concrete/sand render, screeds, brick and block-work, heated sub floors, existing tiled surfaces and screwed and fixed over-boarded wooden floors.
- Frost resistant
- Suitable for internal & external use
Ultra Tile Fix ProFlex Standard Set UFH Tile Adhesive
- Flexible adhesive for wall and floor tiles.
- Extended workability for large format and intricate porcelain, ceramic and natural stone tile work.
- Exceptional adhesion and flexural capacity, that is ideal for situations where vibration may occur.
- Increased bond strength and enhanced performance.
- Ideal for fixing tiles to most common building substrates including sand/cement render, screeds, brick and block work, heated subfloors, existing tiled surfaces and overboarded wooden floors.
- Perfect for interior, exterior, wet and dry conditions, such as conservatories, showers, saunas and swimming pools.
- Frost resistant
- Extended open time
Ultra Tile Fix ProFlex S2 Flexible Fibre Reinforced Tile Adhesive
- Single part.
- Fibre reinforced adhesive for wall and floor tiles.
- Enhanced adhesion and flexibility making it ideal for areas where slight movement or vibration can occur.
- Ultimate S2 flexibility.
- Rapid setting.
- Ideal for porcelain and natural stone tiles.
- Suitable for internal and external use.
Ultra Tile Fix ProGrip FX Semi Rapid tile adhesive
- Single Part
- Suitable for wall and floor tiles.
- Enhanced adhesion and flexibility
- Semi-rapid setting.
- Flexible. exibility, making it ideal for areas where slight movement or vibration can occur.
- Ideal for use with porcelain, mosaic, and natural stone tiles.
- Formulated with FibreBond technology.
- Exceptional grab and enhanced body for large format tiles.
- Extended pot life for greater fixing time.
- Lifetime guarantee
No matter which adhesive you choose it is important to remember never to turn on your underfloor heating system too soon as if the product dries out before it has had time to fully harden it can become weak and crumble.
Same Day Despatch FREE UK Delivery
We hold a HUGE STOCK of our full range of products at our warehouse, allowing us to SAME DAY DISPATCH your order, if placed by 1.30pm. UK Mainland orders can also take advantage of our FREE NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY service on non-palletised orders, as well as WEEKEND DELIVERIES (at an extra cost).
Our delivery partners provide our customers with a text message on the morning of the delivery of a one hour window they expect to deliver, so you don't have to wait in all day!